Friday, June 11, 2010

So disappointed

I have been feeling a little unwell for a couple of weeks - the usual tiredness that we all battle through due to over doing it but I sent myself off to have some blood tests on Monday.
By Tuesday, I was experiencing extreme joint pain, inflamation and lots of fatigue. It continued up until today where I have started to feel mildly better. My results came through indicated that I have parvovirus - a virus that you catch from kids that have had the same thing - it shows as bright red cheeks in kids but in adults it shows as rheumatoid arthritic like symptoms.
Fortunately, it's something that will get better with rest but I am so disappointed that the Doctor has suggested I not be in contact with anyone
(particularly pregnant women) for a little bit longer.
So, what does that mean for me?
I was scheduled this long weekend to speak at 11am for Scrapbooking Memories Magazine in their STUDIO at the Scrapbook and Papercraft Show.


Sadly, Dr says I'm not allowed to do it.
Nor can I see my layouts on display in the Scrapbooking Memories Masters Display area.
It's really disappointing.
My apologies to anyone who was planning to go along and hear me speak.
Kristy and Cassie, from Scrapbooking Memories, have my notes and have suggested that they present my talk on my behalf. Wish I could have been there in person.
I'd love to hear how all about the convention
and I'll be thinking of you all especially at 11am each day.
PS. Forgot to add .... thank you for all the lovely feedback about the Art cards.
shillito.rachel.m - I'm having these cards printed at Officeworks - a cheap black and white copy but done on a 200gsm white card so they look nicer. And by all means, this is not an original idea from me, feel free to have a play and do it for your school too
- just note that it is alot of work.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I really feel for you with those symptons. I know exactly how you feel as I have rheumatoid arthritis and it can be extremely painful most of the time.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sweet Style said...

Hi Leanne - I have visited your photography website a number of times after looking at Sharnel's lovely party photos but have only just found your blog after Sharnel mentioned it the other day. I have admired your photography work but now find out you are a scrapbooker as well - a girl after my own heart as I too am a scrapbooking fanatic. I look forward to watching your new creations! (I have a few pages on my blog from last year but with the arrival of our third baby last year my time has been a little taken up so not able to get to it as I would like! I am this weekend however going to do an entire weekend workshop - heaven!) Leanne A xx

Lynette van Barrelo said...

Hi Leanne,

I'm so sorry you are unwell. The convention was fabulous and Sherry did your speech justice. I have a photo of her in action with a layout of yourself on display. I'm sure there were many who were disappointed that they didn't get to meet you in person. The Master's display was absolutely gorgeous with it's white walls and it took pride of place in front of the doors so it was the first thing everyone saw as they walked in. I finally got to meet Michelle and asked her to say hello to you for me.

Thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.

Lynette xx

nicole s said...

Hope you are starting to feel better this week, Leanne - sorry that you had to miss the show :(