Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Unexpected!


Don't you love it when something unexpectedly nice happens to you ?

This afternoon I was driving over the Gateway Bridge and stopped to pay the $2.60 toll.

The teller said that the car in front of me had just paid for me also ... huh ? I didn't even know the person. I must have looked shocked so she proceeded to explain that 'this happens', people do this sometimes!

Wow - it was such a kind and unexpected gesture. I wanted to say thanks to the driver and when I finally almost caught up to him, he did a U turn and I saw his face. No, I didn't know him, he was just an ordinary young guy doing something to make someone feel like there are still some good people in this world. Really made me think I should do something unexpected to someone sometime soon.

Anyway, I have included a photo that I took on Sunday when I joined some photographers from http://www.ilovephotgraphy.com/ to do a shoot in Brisbane City. This is one of my favourite images.






7 comments:

Séverine said...

Oh Leanne this is just so cool!
It's so good to know that sometimes people are simply kind!
I belive that it's happened to you because you deserve it because you are a good person.

This shoot is SO awesome! I LOVE it! Simply perfect! Just the good shoot at the perfect time!

Belinda Venables said...

Love that photo Leanne...so adorable!

What a lovely thing to do for someone else. It's nice to know that there are still people in the world like that!

Belinda
xx

ScrapManda said...

Hi Leanne - visiting via Chelle's blog! Will add you to my "favs"!

Glad to see you've not moved to WA (as stated in SM last issue!!)

crapodo84 said...

wow what a fabulous photo, this is just PERFECT !!!!

Nicole said...

love love love this photo Leanne, so old school, but so funky too.

Nicxx

Anonymous said...

WOW an absolutely FABULOUS photo Leanne.

Lorraine

amanda hall said...

love the photo (holy heck at how gorgeous that skirt is!) and oh wow at the nice young man. Nice to know that people do randomly nice things which might seem small but makes someone else feel special and can make such a big difference to your day.