Friday, August 29, 2008

Victoria Point beach shoot

I've been a little consumed with photography this week and after spending another fantastic afternoon with that same group of talented photographers and also Andrea Joki (from Finland), I have been spending most of my time proofing my photos. It's exhausting and I'm off for a quick afternoon siesta while Joshua sleeps after I post this shot. While we were provided with the most gorgeous models (children of all ages), I really ended up loving this shot of my son Ethan. That's OK for a Mum isn't it!



Yesterday, we met at a small beach at Victoria Point at 4pm. There were gorgeous coloured boats anchored in the sand and the children had so much fun in the water.
A couple of girls have asked about how this all came about. I visit a great photography site called www.ilovephotography.com. It's an international site with heaps of hugely talented photographers as well as beginners who are interested in child photography. These get-togethers were organised by a Brisbane photographer who flew out Andrea Joki, a well respected photographer from Finland, to be her Mentor for 2 weeks. She kindly organised for us all to enjoy some days out in their company along with models and props included - at no charge. I have learnt so much and look forward to my last day out with these girls on Sunday at the Gold Coast on the beach - should be so much fun!

Thanks always for your kind comments and hopefully I'll be scrapping some of these pics real soon.

6 comments:

KatherineB said...

You lucky thing. Would LOVE to join you next time. Keep me posted :)

Love this photo of Ethan too. Great work Leanne.

Michelle Jamieson said...

Great shot of Ethan!
You are really mastering this art!

Chelle Xx

Rachel said...

Love this one you captured Leanne...very "Ethan" (not looking at you - ha!) Wonderful pic.

Rach

helen karanfilovski said...

Just PERFECT!!!!!
Helenxx

Sheree said...

Hi Leanne! I've just been catching up on your last few posts... so many beautiful photos and layouts to look at!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Sheree xx

Scrapsister said...

OMG I read all about this on ILP....I wa slurking hehe. I did not realise you were one of them :) Just brilliant! Very jealous here too.
Kerryn