Monday, June 16, 2008

Time to answer some questions ?

I've had a few friends ask me for the recipe for my cupcakes - they are really delicious and easy to make - I'd love to hear how you go with them if you make them.

Coconut Buttermilk Cupcakes

250 gram Self Raising Flour
45 gram Desicated coconut
220 gram caster sugar
60 gram ground almonds
250 ml buttermilk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150 ml melted butter

Mix the flour, coconut, caster sugar and almonds together. Add the melted butter and mix. Add the buttermilk and stir well. Add the 2 eggs and mix. Then add the vanilla.

Cook in a pre heated oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your cupcakes in a 180 degree celcius oven.

Allow to cool and then decorate with icing.

Icing - Mix 125 gram butter with 1.5 cups of sifted icing sugar. Add 2 tablespoons of milk if you like to soften the icing. Then add colour if you like and lollies.

mmm ... yum .... just thinking about them makes me hungry.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I'm going to try these. We are metric here in Canada so the measurements are good for me, but I can't remember if caster sugar is just regular sugar, or what we call icing sugar ( very fine, powdery white sugar)... can you let me know?
Thanks!

Belinda Venables said...

Mmm yummy! I'd prefer if you made them and decorated for me...;)

Thanks for sharing!

Belinda
xx

Anonymous said...

definitely going to try these not for me but for Ken (I'm not a great lover of coconut he is though). Thanks Leanne.

BTW this is a fabulous way to catch up with you, if I miss something you've posted I can catch it here - cool!

Lorraine

kerry said...

yummo they sound fab i will have to have atry at these.take care Kerry xx

Séverine said...

OMG!!!!
most of the ingredients are unknown from me :)
I think that I almost never spoke about cooking in English, I'm going to need a translator and maybe I will have to adapt the recipe...
I really HAVE TO TRY these cupcakes!

Thank you Leanne!

Nicole said...

yummo, have printed out the recipe.

might have a play tomorrow with the kids

thanks Leanne

Nicxx

Sofi said...

Leanne

I will definitaly need to try your cupcakes- they really sound so delicious!

Anonymous said...

You are QUEEN BEE at our house - Ken loved the cupcakes and they were so quick and easy to make. Thanks for the recipe Leanne really kind of you.

Now all I need is a recipe that I'd like please LOL!!!

Lorraine x

alexandra s.m. said...

hi leanne,
thanks for the recipe, i'll get back to you on it. Your cupcakes were so adorable!

BTW: I'D BE HAPPY TO TRANSLATE IT INTO FRENCH, I COOK IN BOTH LANGUAGES ON A DAILY BASIS!
IF SEVERINE WANTS TO HAVE A GO AT IT? ;-)

alexandra s.m.
http://artscrapandmore.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

I'm going to try these on the weekend! (silly question - where do you find ground almonds? In the cooking aisle? I don't think I've ever used it)

Rach

Anonymous said...

Will have to try these - they sound yummy - lucky its school holidays - little boy fingers can help??? I feel a scrap page coming on....

Katherine B

KatherineB said...

Oh Leanne these are YUMMY!!! I just quickly made a batch and they are being devoured as I type. Thanks for sharing your recipe.