Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Farewell Simple!

I managed to scan another Christmas layout to share with you - mostly done on holidays except for the title. A really simple layout with clean lines, some pretty October Afternoon paper and a sparkly Making Memories embellishment.
Speaking of Simple, I heard some sad news a few days ago about SIMPLE SCRAPBOOKS.
This US scrapbook magazine will cease publication after the May/June 2009 issue.
Simple style is not generally showcased in a big way in many magazines and Simple Scrapbooks did it 100%. Of course, I'm a fan of Simple style but is that a sign that scrappers really want to be more technical in their creations?
I'd really love to hear what you think about this even if you're not a Simple scrapper - it's certainly been on my mind quite a bit.

9 comments:

KatherineB said...

I actually think that's a bit sad - I think there is a place for all kinds of scrapping - simple or complex - that is/was the joy of scrapping - there was no "right" way. Personally - I like both and both styles have a place in my albums. I just think it is a sign of the economic times not scrapping times.
As for your "tradition" layout - *simply* LOVE IT!

Tiff Firth said...

now that is sad.
:(
t

Jane Smith said...

That is sad. I agree with Kahterine up there..it must be an economics thing..I love simple but I can't do simple! Your work is fabulous Leanne..stay with it!!

amanda hall said...

holy crap you gave me a heart attack when i saw your title on this post..... i thought 'oh no not Leanne saying 'goodbye simple' surely?'

that would be the saddest news of all ;-)

I agree it is nice to see a range of styles in mags - simple isn't widely recognized or published enough in au. mags. Bugger it!

Lynette van Barrelo said...

I thought you were going to grunge it up a bit! haaaah!

Love your layout. I always marvel how your lines are so straight. Do you use a drafting board? =D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout, Leanne. Can't believe how much the boys have grown in these photos!

It's been a while since I've been here, and I missed your birthday - Happy 40th!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your layout and I love the simplicity in your home, or what I can see of it ! Just awesome and so serene !

Danielle

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about the loss of SS mag :( but I think that the style will live on and thrive because of talented people like yourself who do it so well. I scrap by the philosophy of photos + words. All the rest is a nice artistic outlet for me, but it's the photos + words that will mean something to future generations.

BTW, I know how you love your photos, so I've set you a fun little challenge over on my blog. Thought you might enjoy this one...I know I did. Love Anita. xxx

Annie said...

I think it's a shame that SS is finishing - simple is such an important part of scrapbooking - not all layouts need lots of embellishing!